Friday, October 15, 2010

I've Been Busy


The other day, two people asked me if I had blogged lately. I've been rather busy. First there was the sewing and monograming getting ready for Miss Amelia's arrival. Then she finally came on October the 2nd at 10:57 AM weighing in at 6 lbs 7 oz and 20.5 inches long. She looks just like her Daddy. However, Lauren and I both have a cowlick just like my Daddy did and guess what, so does Amelia. The cowlick lives on!

I have trouble finding words to describe what being a grandmother is like. It's everything I had dreamed of and then more. I was so fortunate to be asked to help out during the first days. Lauren and Thomas are such good parents. It is awesome to see them work together taking care of Amelia. Lauren can soothe her like no other. Thomas is next and I have found a few tricks that work.

Did I mention how awesome Lauren was during delivery? She made having a baby look like a piece of cake! It was an awesome experience. We had two very good L & D nurses, one of which was Kristen (my great niece).

My sister has been awesome also. She has brought dinner twice and stops by daily to let us know what is going on in the world outside! Allen is smitten by Miss Amelia. He comes by after work for dinner and holds her before he leaves to go back to Perry. If he doesn't come by, we Skype so he can see his precious grandgirl.

I'm going home today for the weekend to give the parents some space. I hope I don't cry, but I know I am going to miss being here with Lauren, Thomas, Amelia, and Scarlett.

No comments:

Post a Comment