Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Leaving My Girls

Last Friday I left Lauren, Amelia, and Thomas for the weekend. Lauren and I both cried. Thomas said, "You're coming back on Sunday!" I told him not to make fun of us. He didn't. Lauren is being such a good mother. She is so compassionate about everything she does for Amelia. I am so proud of her and everything she is doing. You don't know what it's going to be like when you become a grandmother until it really happens. You have conversations with your daughter that you haven't had before. You rock your grandbaby and remember what it was like the first time you held her mother. You realize you are too old to be a mother yourself, but it sure is nice to borrow them for a while. You wish you could share this with your own mother.

Today I finally got to show pictures to my friends in Perry. They didn't even mind looking at all 3 albums. Even the waitress looked at them. Everyone always comments on Amelia's hair. It is so dark and lots of it. I can't wait until I can show her to my friends in person. I know I will be on Cloud 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment